(1) The applicant applying for a plot for residential purpose must have been born in the State of Goa and shall be a resident of the State of Goa for the last fifteen years and one of his/her parents should be born in the State of Goa.
(2) The applicant and his/her family should not own a tenement or a plot or shop or office of the Board anywhere in the State of Goa.
(3) The applicant should have attained the age of eighteen years at the time of making an application.
The Board has fixed the family income level in respect of the group of population as and presently the levels are fixed as detailed below:
(a) Economically Weaker Section (EWS): Rs.18000/ and below per month
(b) Low Income Group (LIG): Rs.18000/- to Rs.40,000/-per month.
(c) Middle Income Group (MIG): Rs. 40,001/- to Rs.60,000/-per month.
(d) Higher Income Group (HIG): above Rs.60,000/-per month.
There is no higher purchase i.e. installment basis scheme.
The tenements and plots are disposed/ sold (either by open auction or by lot) or by any such manner as specified by the Board from time to time, with prior approval of the Government.
The GHB issues advertisement for sale of plots /tenements. The applicant shall apply online in Form II in response to notice advertisement and make payment of non-refundable registration fees fixed by the Board, as administrative charges.
(1) On payment of full consideration of the tenement, the allottee shall apply to the Board for execution of Conveyance Deed towards transfer of tenement within the period of 60 days from the date of taking over possession, failing which, a penalty shall be imposed as specified by the Board from time to time.
(2) The Board shall execute a Conveyance Deed after inspecting the tenement and the allottee shall get it registered with the concerned Sub-Registrar. The stamp duty and registration charges shall be borne by the allottee.
And in case of plots : The allottee shall construct a residential house/ bungalow over the allotted plot with in a period of three years from the date of issue of sale letter.
(3) The allottee shall after completion of the construction of residential house/bungalow or an institutional building or a commercial building alongwith compound wall, obtain Occupancy certificate from the competent authority and apply to the Board for the execution of Conveyance Deed towards the transfer of the allotted plot within the period of 60 days from the date of obtaining the Occupancy certificate from the competent authority, failing which, a penalty shall be imposed as specified by the Board from time to time.
(4) The Board shall execute a Conveyance Deed after inspecting the construction and the allottee shall get it registered with the concerned Sub-Registrar failing which, a penalty shall be imposed as specified by the Board from time to time